You know that feeling when you watch something grow over time? Like planting a garden. You prepare your soil, sew your seeds, and nourish over time. You wait patiently as nothing appears to be happening. Then suddenly, little sprouts shoot up out of the soil. You hope those little sprouts of green turn to produce-bearing plants. And you wait some more.
This is much like the journey I’ve been on.
Last summer, I was just a tired mom. That tired feeling when you know something just needs to change in your life. I didn’t know offhand what needed the most work. So, being Christian, I started to pray “harder”. And suddenly, this little seed of an idea came to me.
I wanted to create a website for other tired moms, who need a little inspiration and motivation. I wanted that mom-to-mom connection. So, Momma Bird Blog was born!
I would love to impact other parents! Other moms, especially! So, I was really touched when I was recognized! Thank you, Tomashia, for nominating Momma Bird Blog for The Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award exists only online and is given to bloggers from other bloggers. Awards have been given since 2001.
“Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Tomashia is a wife and mother who blogs on Unperfecting Motherhood. The purpose for the website; “Breaking the perfectionist image of motherhood while offering a godly perspective.” One of my favorite posts from Tomashia is “Encouragement for Mom.”
10 Facts about myself:
- I live in a testosterone-filled home. Although I’m outnumbered, I enjoy my boys!
- As you can probably tell by the gardening metaphor in the beginning, I do, in fact, love to garden. That once started as a way to deal with my husband’s deployment, and now we do it together as a family every year.
- Through the generations, I am the 7th Anna on my dad’s side.
- I knew something was different about my husband when I met him.
- Nature is my happy place (whether in a woods, at the lake, or in my backyard).
- Lemons are my favorite fruit. I know- that’s weird.
- I love photography. My lens perspective mixes with my perspectives on life.
- I’m frugal because I am a Stay-at-Home Mom.
- Two of my favorite pasttimes with my boys are reading to them and dancing with them.
- I still hold true to my teenage dreams. I will travel around the world someday. Although the destinations have changed from big cities to small countrysides.
The 10 Questions/Answers:
What is a piece of advice you’ve received that you want to share with others?
“Just be you.” Growing up that was hard. I felt like I had to impress people for the longest time. Then, once I started being more true to myself, I started attracting the right people.
Who is the most inspiring person in your life and why?
My Mom inspires me despite her memory of raising me and my siblings. She’s always been loyal, caring, and patient. But more so; she’s a great listener, loves to have fun, loves to treat us and the grandkids, is willing to help us with anything, and doesn’t expect anything in return. She’s shown me a great example of how to be a Mom and a caring person in general.
How do you de-stress?
I de-stress by talking with my husband or someone I care about. Sometimes relaxing music or a hot shower help too.
How would you describe your personal clothing style?
What is on your bedside table right now?
I try to keep the clutter out of our bedroom so I sleep next to a framed picture of our boys, an alarm clock, and my cell phone.
What is your favorite on the go snack?
An apple. They’re healthy and aren’t messy in the car.
Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or an extrovert? Explain
I’m more of an introvert. I’m not shy. I actually enjoy chatting with people and don’t mind giving speeches. I just like 1-on-1 time over a crowd. At the end of the day I like to unwind by being alone with my thoughts for a bit.
Describe a fun date you’ve been on!
Beer tasting followed by the evening beach scene; walking the shore and watching the sun go down.
If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead who would you dine with and why?
I would love to have dinner with Joanna Gaines sometime! We would connect well since we are both Christian wives and mommas. She seems like such a thoughtful, down-to-Earth person. And I’m also sure I’d learn a lot from her as well!
Tell us about an item on your bucket list!
Although traveling has been one of my longest-lasting bucket list items, I just want to pay-it-forward. So many people have been good to me and my family! From doctors, nurses, friends, family, and even our church community. I just want to impact other people’s lives in return for our blessings.
What do you like most about blogging?
I love connecting with and impacting other Moms. This has got me out of some mom-funk because I can see my challenges as a positive turn-around for someone else.
I would like to nominate:
- Savannah Espositio (and team) from Millennial Mrs. and Mom, “Psychology, the secret weapon to living life.” Millennial Mrs. and Mom cares deeply about relationships and the way they work. The blog explores topics like marriage, parenting, and families. One of my favorite posts is “The Small Moments that Make or Break Connection.” Check out the blog for tons of other useful relationship advice!
- Jamie, Tuston from Perk Pack, an online resource and community made strictly to uplift moms. I love Jamie’s ability to be candid and share her tough moments as a mom! She also offers an online community to help moms support other moms! A great read the blog is “The Unspoken Struggle of Postpartum Anxiety.”
- Nicole from Coffee and Carpool, “Mom Hacks, School Success Tips, & Support for Parents On the Go.” She is a “recovering elementary school teacher” and is also a Special Needs Mom and a Food Allergy Mom. I absolutely loved Nicole’s recent post, “How to Raise a Kind Boy Amidst the Tough Guy Boy Culture.” <<Check it out!
- Natalie from Moms and Kids Creating Memories, “Making the most of the time we have with our kids.” Natalie writes about kids crafts, and motherhood. One of my favorites posts from Moms and Kids Creating Memories is, “3 Mom Fails and Fixes.” Natalie talks about ways to simplify motherhood and I love that she talks about wanting her children to grow up loving God and serving/loving others.
- Amy from The Thoughtful Parent, “Research Based Child Development.” Something that drew me into The Thoughtful Parent blog was “Gift Guide for Raising Kind Kids.” I just love the idea raising our families in a more mindful process and caring for each other.
If you decide to accept this award….
Questions to answer…
- What is a piece of advice you’ve received that you want to share with others?
- Who is the most inspiring person in your life and why?
- How do you de-stress?
- How would you describe your personal clothing style?
- What is on your bedside table right now?
- What is your favorite on the go snack?
- Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or an extrovert? Explain
- Describe a fun date you’ve been on!
- If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead who would you dine with and why?
- Tell us about an item on your bucket list!
- What do you like most about blogging?
Rules of the Liebster Award 2018~
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional in 2018)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
For more detailed information on the Liebster Award 2018 visit here.
To accept the nomination answer my questions, tag me and notify me of your post by commenting below! I can’t wait to read your answers! Remember to nominate other bloggers so we can all continue discovering new blogs, building relationships, and supporting one another!