There is one main message I think that Moms need to hear, but often don’t hear enough, it’s that you matter. In the midst of your messy home, in your messy bun, wearing yesterday’s pajamas, where you often lose your cool, you feel so unaccomplished. Yet, you’ve accomplished everything!
Your kids know your unconditional love in all that you do. Regardless of the mom guilt that you’re seemingly tied to.
Mom guilt is the real deal. As moms we question how good of a job we’re doing. A lot of it is really just fear. We know we are well intended. We just want to know that our decisions aren’t negatively affecting our children. The truth of the matter is we need to stop being so hard on ourselves.
No human being on Earth is perfect. Therefore, we need to stop pressuring ourselves to the impossible standard of perfection. These 10 affirmations can help you to put perfection behind you and help you to find more joy in motherhood.
Remind yourself of these 10 things daily!
10 Affirmations for mom guilt:
1. I matter.
2. I’m worthy of good things.
3. I am strong.
4. I am loved.
5. I love myself.
6. I am a good mom already because I love my kids.
7. There are a million ways to be a good mom. / I am making decisions for the best interest of my family.
8. It’s not my job to be perfect, but to show my kids grace and forgiveness.
9. I forgive myself for my failures.
10. God has called me to motherhood. Through Him I can do all things.